I began this quilt with Victoria's 15 minutes.
Scrappy blocks and
square in a square blocks.
I used lots of scraps...
but believe it or not...
I still have some left!!!!
I also used my vintage linen stash!
Yeah! for old sheets!!!
How many 6" blocks did it take to make a twin size quilt?
65 scrappy crazy blocks....and....
65 square in a square blocks!!!
I'm glad I didn't figure it out before I began...
I may not have begun....
I didn't even get to the magic twin size with that!!
I was lazy and added a border.
Now the quilt measures 65"x85".
I think that's a respectable twin size.
I like this scrappy quilt.
And since it's a make do kind of quilt...
I made do...
and used some fabric in my stash for the border.
Probably NOT what I would have purchased...
but it works.
I had imagined using one of my bigger vintage sheets
for the border...but what it looked like in my mind....
was NOT very good in real life!!
I'll add this to Amy's sew and tell
and also to the vintage sheet blog.
They are giving away some lovely fabric over there!!!