Monday, October 4, 2010


I finished putting some scraps together today
for this little quilt top.
This one measures only 35"x36",
but I began with only four little scraps of fabric
measuring Maybe 5"x 10" each.

I haven't yet decided if this will stay like it is
or if I'll let it grow.

I am satisfied that I got this far.
I think I'll fold it up or hang it up somewhere
and enjoy thinking about the possibilities!!!

This is how I often make scrappy quilts.
I first make the scrappy blocks
and eyeball the sizes as I go.

Then I lay them out and sew them in rows,
putting "like-width-sized" blocks in a row.

You can see my rows are all different widths.
Of course, I have to adjust some blocks by
adding and taking away fabric.
But I love it!!
I measure the lengths.

In this case, I barely had to add anything to
any of the rows.
They were all about the same length!!!
I was amazed.
Guess these fabrics just wanted to be
They sure seemed to fit together

Here's a close-up of my favorite little scrap.
This one measures only 3"x3".

Small but mighty.
It led me down a road that
got me to this quilt!!!


  1. What a gorgeous little quilt! Love it's scrappy fun & the inspiration fabric is great. Nice to hear how you achieve your scrappy look.

  2. oh this is looks so great.

  3. it's so pretty! Cozy and pretty and satisfying. I might try to do this because I have sooooo many scraps.

  4. Great little quilt! I love all your old-looking fabrics in there.

  5. Stunning result. I love using scraps, this gives me an idea of how to, thanks!

  6. What a sweet little quilt!! Scrappy quilts are my favorite!!

  7. Cute, I think I would add a printed border

  8. This is such a cute little quilt. Thanks for sharing your method.

  9. You are the queen of happy scrappy quilts, Beth; I love seeing your organic design method. The result is perfect as always, thanks for sharing!