Here are the blocks I made for Margaret's Hope chest.
The GREAT thing about projects like this is...
You get to try out a "new-to-you" quilt block...
and you're not committed to a WHOLE quilt!!
There are three blocks for a boy...
and three for a girl!!!
If you wanted to make this easy you would just cut some strips
from 6 or so fabrics and sew them together with that middle sashing.
I didn't make it the EASY way.
I ended up having a treasure hunt!!!
Treasure hunts are FUN...
Needless to say.
I think I could have made a WHOLE quilt
in the time it took to SIFT through scraps
Looking for the right COLORS!!!